Who says Monday is blue! For me, at least this Monday is a great day. I had a feedback meeting with my boss and HR and they congratulated me on my early promotion. Early promotion, it’s not a common thing in Japanese company when everything is set step by step.
When I just started with the current company, I set my target: Jump 2 levels as fast as possible. Some senior coworkers told me that it’s almost impossible and difficult to achieve.
I just think:
- How can they assess everyone has the same working ability. There are some guys who is really suck and some guys who stand out with skills, languages and creative.
- The evaluation is based on performance. So as long as we can show how we give the best result, we can convince them to give us exception.
And yes! I did get early promotion, earlier than other guys, same level with some seniors.
Hey guys, especially young people:
- Believe in yourself, work our best and set high target.
- Don’t trust senior or older 100%, it’s a must and respectful to listen to them, but give some judgement if their opinion is true or just black/white depend on situation.
- Work hard, be smart, but don’t keep yourself in silence, speak up your opinions, show them what you have done, it’s not about showing off, it’s all about recognition.